Gå direkt till textinnehållet Gå direkt till navigationen
Webbplatsen kan inte läsas in korrekt

Se till att du använder en rekommenderad webbläsare. Är så redan fallet, försök besöka oss igen om en stund.

Rekommenderade webbläsare

The United Kingdom has left the EU - how are pensions affected?

Since February 2020, the United Kingdom is no longer a member of the EU. The United Kingdom and the EU have negotiated agreements that may still entitle you to pensions and other benefits in the future.

The United Kingdom left the EU on 1 February 2020. A transition period ran until December 2020. During the transition period, social security coordination and the rules regarding pensions functioned as before.

EU and the United Kingdom have agreed on a Withdrawal Agreement, and later also a Trade and Cooperation Agreement, which regulates, among other things, the social security coordination. With the Withdrawal Agreement between the EU and the United Kingdom, the right to pensions and other benefits is secured even after the withdrawal.

From January 2021, the Withdrawal Agreement entitles you who currently live in Sweden but have previously lived and/or worked in the United Kingdom to receive a Swedish pension that considers work and residence periods in Sweden, the United Kingdom or other EU member states. The Trade and Cooperation Agreement applies in situations where a person has started a cross-border situation, earned periods of insurance or rights, between the EU and the United Kingdom after the agreement entered into force on 1 January 2021.

Read more about your right to pensions from the United Kingdom on www.gov.uk