Gå direkt till textinnehållet Gå direkt till navigationen
Du använder en gammal webbläsare

Vi rekommenderar att du uppdaterar den eller byter till en annan för att webbplatsen ska fungera bra.

Rekommenderade webbläsare

Submitting a life certificate

If you live outside Sweden and receive a pension from the Swedish Pensions Agency or compensation from the Swedish Social Insurance Agency, you need to provide a life certificate every year. The easiest way to do this is on the web.

Read about life certificate in Swedish

The information provided by you in the life certificate will ensure that you are receiving the compensation you are entitled to.

Every year we therefore send out a letter with a life certificate to anyone who cannot be identified by the electronic exchange that takes place with certain countries. Starting in 2022, we will send out the letter during the summer.

Submit your life certificate

If you do not have an electronic ID, please submit your life certificate, signed and stamped by an authorised agency, using the e-service below.

You can use your electronic ID to log into My pages and digitally approve your life certificate (information in Swedish).

Useful information

  • If you do not hear anything from us, it means that we have received your life certificate and have approved it. We will contact you if we need more information.
  • If you do not submit your life certificate, your payments will be stopped until we have received your certificate. 
  • If you leave the life certificate digitally, you do not need to send us the signed and stamped life certificate in paper form.

Have you not received a letter from us?

If you have not received a life certificate, it may be because we have not sent out the life certificate yet. Check when we send it to the country you live in.

When do we send letters with a life certificate

It may also be due to the fact that we collect the data digitally from the country you live in, or that you have changed your address and forgotten to notify the Swedish Pensions Agency.

If you have not received a life certificate, you can download the form here. It is important that you read the information on how to fill out the life certificate. 

Submit your life certificate 

If you have an e-ID (electronic legitimation), for example BankID, the easiest way to approve your life certificate is by logging into My Pages.

Otherwise, you will need to submit your life certificate to the Swedish Pensions Agency. You can either attach a stamped and signed life certificate digitally here on the web or send it by post.   

FE 7001
839 77 Östersund

How to fill out the form

Page 1

An approved authority or institution must certify that you are alive by stamping and signing the life certificate. You need to show a valid passport or another identity document.

Your name and Swedish personal number should be entered by you if this information is not already filled in.

Page 2

To be completed by you if you have a new address and/or have a new marital status.

  1. Name and Swedish personal number
    Fill in your full name and Swedish personal number if the information is not pre typed.

  2. New address
    The date your new address is valid from. Fill in your street address with house number, post code, city and country.

  3. New marital status
    The date your new marital status is valid from. Fill in your new marital status, for example if you are married, divorced or a widow/widower. 
    If you are married you should fill in the name and date of birth of your partner.

  4. Contact details
    Fill in your personal contact details in case we need further information from you.

  5. Your signature
    When you sign the life certificate you solemnly swear that all of the information is correct and if any changes occur you must contact Pensionsmyndigheten. A legal guardian has to sign any document for a person under the age of 18.

When do we send you a letter with a life certificate?

We will send you a life certificate once a year. From the year 2022, we will send the certificate during the summer starting in May, instead om during the autumn.

Life certificate schedule for pensioners living abroad 2021
Letter sent Reminder Decision on discounted payments Payments discounted Countries
25/8 4/11 17/12 January 2022 Australia, Croatia, Italy, Portugal, Switzerland, Slovenia, Thailand and other countries.
27/9 7/12 31/1 2021 February 2022 Brasilia, Chile, Canada
27/10 20/1 2022 28/2 2022 March 2022 Belgium, Greece, USA
25/11 16/2 2022 31/3 2022 April 2022 France, Israel,  Netherlands, Serbia, Austria, UK

Who can approve my certificate?

The following authorities and institutions can sign and stamp the life certificate.

Outside of Sweden

  • the Swedish Embassy
  • the Swedish Consulate
  • the Church of Sweden
  • a social insurance institution
  • a notary public
  • a police authority
  • a population registration authority

If you cannot get to one of the authorised agencies or institutions listed above, for example, due to a hospital visit or similar, the Swedish Pensions Agency may, in exceptional circumstances, agree to your life certificate being certified by a doctor or someone else of a similar professional credibility. There are no other exceptions to this rule. 

In Sweden

If you are in Sweden, you can visit our service offices. 

Visit a service office (in Swedish)

Countries with electronic exchange of life certificates

Sweden exchanges life certificates electronically with countries where there is a sizeable population of Swedish pensioners. This means that your life certificate is automatically submitted without you having to do anything.

Countries that Sweden has an exchange with

  • Denmark
  • Finland
  • Iceland
  • Norway
  • Germany
  • Poland
  • Spain

Even if you live in a country with which the Swedish Pensions Agency exchanges certificates electronically, you may still receive a life certificate by post. This is because an automated identification of personal information is not always possible. If you receive your life certificate by post, please fill in the details required, get it stamped and submit it to us.

Payment of occupational and private pensions

We collaborate with a number of insurance companies linked to the e-services of the Swedish Pensions Agency. As a result, if getting paid occupational or private pension, you do not have to send your life certificate to all your insurance companies. 

The Swedish Pensions Agency may provide information on the life certificate at the request of the following insurance companies:

  • AFA Sjukförsäkringsaktiebolag
  • AI Pension, Försäkringsförening
  • Alecta Pensionsförsäkring
  • AMF
  • Collectum AB
  • Folksam Service AB
  • Folksam Ömsesidig Livförsäkring
  • Försäkringsbolaget PRI Pensionsgaranti, Ömsesidig
  • KPA
  • Livförsäkringsaktiebolaget Skandia (Publ)
  • Livförsäkringsbolaget Skandia, Ömsesidigt
  • Länsförsäkringar Liv Försäkringsaktiebolag (Publ)
  • PP Pension Försäkringsförening
  • Skandikon Administration Aktiebolag
  • SPP Pension & Försäkring AB (Publ)
  • Statens Tjänstepensionsverk

Life certification rules and regulations

Life certification is regulated by the provisions of the Social Insurance Code, SFS 2010:110. Chapter 110, Article 15 of the Social Insurance Code states; ‘As to the payment of a benefit to a recipient residing abroad, proof may be required that such recipient is indeed entitled to the benefit in question’.

The authorisation of an agency or institution for the purpose of certifying the existence of an individual abroad is subject to the regulations of the Swedish Pensions Agency (PFS 2017:2).

Contact us

If you have any questions about your life certificate, please feel free to contact us at Customer Services.

Contact customer service